Sunday, June 17, 2012

Feature: Father’s Day Quotes From Famous People

Our dads usually have the most endearing sense of humor. Despite their formal and strict facade, there is a boy inside them that's full of jokes and funny stories.

To celebrate Father's Day, we're sharing with you here today some funny Father's Day quotes, jokes and poem lines that our staff has submitted to our news room.

I hope you find them humorous, sweet and inspirational.

But before that, let us greet all the great dads out there a very Happy Father's Day. Enjoy your time today with your family, friends and loved ones.



"He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." - Clarence Budington Kelland

"My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, 'You’re tearing up the grass.' 'We're not raising grass,' Dad would reply. 'We're raising boys.'" - Harmon Killebrew

"A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again." – Enid Bagnold

"Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope." – Bill Cosby

"The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get." – Tim Russert

"To her the name of father was another name for love." – Fanny Fern

"A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father." – Gabriel Garcia Márquez

"To be a successful father… there’s one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don't look at it for the first two years." – Ernest Hemingway

"My father was a statesman; I'm a political woman. My father was a saint. I'm not." – Indira Gandhi
Advertisement: