Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whitney Houston: What Mariah Carey And Others Had To Say

The biggest news today is perhaps the passing of pop diva, Whitney Houston. The multi-awarded singer and actress was found lifeless by police Saturday afternoon in her guest room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, in Beverly Hills, California.

Whitney Houston was just 48 years old. But her impact and contributions to the entertainment industry can never be truly measured, as stars and celebrities all over the world reacts to the sad news.

Below is a compilation of interview quotes and social media reactions of singers, actors and other big celebrity names about Whitney Houston today.

Mariah Carey: "Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston. My heartfelt condolences to Whitney’s family and to all her millions of fans throughout the world. She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth."

Bobby Brown: "First of all, I want to tell you that I love you all. Second, I would like to say, I love you Whitney. The hardest thing for me to do is to come on this stage."

Rihanna: "No words! Just tears. I honestly can't think of anything else!!! Feels so strange being at the Grammy rehearsal right now!!"

Christina Aguilera: "We have lost another legend. Love and prayers to Whitney's family. She will be missed."

Pink: "Whitney was the reason many of us do what we do."

Quincy Jones: "I am absolutely heartbroken at the news of Whitney’s passing. Ashford & Simpson first made me aware of Whitney when she was just sixteen, and I always regretted not having had the opportunity to work with her. She was a true original and a talent beyond compare. I will miss her terribly."


Barry Manilow: "I can't believe that Whitney is gone. My heart goes out to her family, to Clive (Davis), and to everyone who knew and loved this amazingly talented and beautiful artist. I will always love her."

Lionel Richie: "I am devastated by the loss of Whitney. We have lost a true angel. My prayers, my heart goes out to her family. We have lost an extraordinary voice to the world."

Neil Portnow, CEO of the Recording Academy: "A light has been dimmed in our music community today, and we extend our deepest condolences to her family, friends, fans and all who have been touched by her beautiful voice."

Michelle Williams, Destiny's Child: "I truly, truly adored Whitney Houston. Her album I'm Your Baby Tonight was the very first album I ever bought."

Tommy Mottola, CEO of Sony Music Entertainment: "Without a doubt, her voice, for me, and for the world, was the gold standard. She had it all, she broke all barriers."

Tony Bennett: "Whitney Houston was the greatest singer I've ever heard and she will be truly missed."

Nick Cannon: "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord’ RIP to Whitney Houston a true queen."

Katy Perry: "So devastating. We will always love you Whitney, R.I.P."

Ellen DeGeneres: "Very sad news about Whitney. My heart and prayers go out to her daughter and family."

Russell Simmons: "R.I.P. Whitney Houston, really can’t believe this."

Kim Kardashian: "Just heard the tragic news that Whitney Houston passed away. I pray for her daughter & loved ones. We will always love you Whitney"

Justin Bieber: "Just heard the news. so crazy. One of the GREATEST VOICES EVER just passed. RIP Whitney Houston. My prayers go out to her friends and family."

Nick Lachey: "How tragic to hear about Whitney Houston’s passing. Such a shame. She had one of the most iconic voices of my lifetime."

Wendy Williams: "My family & I are saddened by the loss of a true icon & legend – Whitney Houston. Our thoughts & prayers are w/ the entire Houston family."

Dwyane Wade: “RIP to a legend. Sad day for music lovers…Whitney Houston should be celebrated 4 blessing us with her gifts. #Icon #mother #beautiful"

Aretha Franklin: "I just can’t talk about it now. It’s so stunning and unbelievable. I couldn’t believe what I was reading coming across the TV screen. My heart goes out to Cissy, her daughter Bobbi Kris, her family and Bobby."

Nicki Minaj: "Jesus Christ, not Whitney Houston. Greatest of all time."

Lea Michele: "I’m speechless. Such sad news about Whitney Houston."

Serena Williams: "Wow just wow. This has ruined my whole day. #Iwillalwaysloveyou. #OneMomentInTime has propelled me to many of my grand slams victories."

LeAnn Rimes: "Whitney Houston was the first cd I ever bought. She had a God given gift. Hopefully, she's singing with angels now."

Chloe Moretz: "Omg.. whitney houston died..we’ve lost another amazing singer."

Matthew Morrison: "I’m very sad to hear about the passing of Whitney Houston, may she rest in peace."

Jaime King: "God bless Whitney Houston and her family. May she rest in peace."
Advertisement: