Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bradley Wins Over Pacquiao

Viewers of the most awaited bout this year between Timothy "Dessert Storm" Bradley and Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao had an unexpected turn when the split decision; in favor of Bradley for the World Boxing Organization welterweight championship was announced.

This is Pacquiao's first loss since 2005, however many people and experts question the judges' scorecard results and expressed their disappointment especially in social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.


Judges C.J. Ross and Duane Ford have scored in favor of Bradley, 115-113 while Jerry Roth had it for Pacquiao, 115-113.

Despite the loss, Manny speaks with humilty and honor, "I respect the judges, I cannot blame them. It is a part of the game. I give thanks to the Lord. I do my best but my best wasn't good enough."

The fight also opened the possibility of a rematch which could happen late this year.
Advertisement: