Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Star Wars Episode 7 Set for 2015

Who knew there would be more? Indeed, the Star Wars saga is far from over as Walt Disney bagged the official rights to do the next installation of the George Lucas classic sci-fi movie.

Star Wars Episode 7 has been announced to be released by 2015 as Disney accquires Lucasfilm Ltd. after a $4.05 billion deal.

This now makes Disney home to the two most anticipated movies in the next few years, Marvel's The Avengers sequel and the continuation of the Star Wars epic.

Lucas shares, "For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next."


"It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime."

"I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."

Fans of the movie should expect not just Episode 7, but Episodes 8 and 9 as well every two to three years.
Advertisement: